|Location Carate Beach, Puerto Jimenez, Corcovado National Park
La Leona Ecolodge combines conservation with Sustainable Tourism, showing its real commitment with the environment, since all its activities and installations have been designed respecting the environment, allowing the tourists to be in direct contact with nature. This ecological hotel is right at the beach, providing spectacular panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, and this is probably why guests have commented: “this is like being in paradise”. The design of its rooms in Corcovado allows the visitors to enjoy the scenic beauty of this pristine place right from their balcony (deck), feeling the ocean breeze, observing a romantic and colorful sunset or simply the magical feeling of being surrounded by the sounds and aromas of the Rainforest, making you feel in Paradise. For your convenience, the hotel offers tours in the area of Corcovado.
How to get there
- One option is to travel on the Panamerican Highway. This highway is in good conditions, but quite curvy. You´ll have to take it towards the South, and on your way you will cross the towns of San Isidro del General and Palmar Norte. Continuing on towards the Panamanian border, you´ll reach a gas station called “Corcovado” in Chacarita. This is where you´ll turn right towards Puerto Jiménez, and you´ll continue on this road for about 75 kilometers until you reach the town of Puerto Jiménez.
- The other option is to take the Coastal Route towards Quépos, which is a truly scenic route. After Quépos, continue to Dominical and then Palmar Norte. Continuing on towards the Panamanian border, you´ll reach a gas station called “Corcovado” in Chacarita. This is where you´ll turn right towards Puerto Jiménez, and you´ll continue on this road for about 75 kilometers until you reach the town of Puerto Jiménez.
- The second part of the trip is from Puerto Jiménez to Carate, which is where the road ends. From Carate to La Leona Eco Lodge you´ll have to walk on the beach for about 45 minutes. There is a collective taxi service from Puerto Jiménez to Carate every day at 6:00 am and 1:30 pm. This transfer takes about 2 hours and costs US$9.00– per person one way (subject to change).
- If you travel to Carate in your own vehicle, you´ll have to drive to our operations center Located 1 kilometers before the airstrip of Carate. This is where you can park your car and leave your luggage, where it will be picked up later and taken to the Lodge by horse. The operations center has a restroom and parking space for our customers. The parking fee is $5.00 per night. From here you will have to walk 3.5 kilometers on the beach to reach the Lodge.
- Lodging in fully equiped tents on wooden platforms, 16 of these tents have a private bathroom and 5 have a shared bathroom. The total capacity of the Lodge is 50 persons.
- Restaurant with Costa Rican dishes
- Bird Watching Tour
- Tour in Kayak and horseback riding
- Corcovado National Park
- Drake bay
- Caño Island
- Marino Ballena National Park