Sustainable Community-based Rural Tourism (SCRT) is an economic activity developed in rural areas, with the goal to provide personalized tourism services in each of the communities visited.
SCRT bases its supply on the connection of these communities with the environment, where culture, society, agriculture, cattle raising, industry and commerce are integrated in an authentic tourism product, protecting, recovering and strengthening the natural resources and its environment in general.
This activity guarantees sustainable development and maximizes the quality and standard of living of the rural population, creating opportunities for men, women and children in a development model called SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITY-BASED RURAL TOURISM, directed towards the responsible tourist who wants to contribute to social development in harmony with nature.
The tourist carrying out this type of tourism is characterized by:
- Being a visitor who feels passionate about the contact with nature, and who cares about nature conservation and preservation.
- Being a visitor who likes to support and participate in sustainable practices of social, cultural and environmental nature.
- Being a visitor who likes to get involved with culture and traditions of the communities visited, looking to interact and enjoy authentic experiences, related to the activities carried out by the local inhabitants.
- Being a visitor interested in tasting the traditional cuisine of the visited areas, as well as in collaborating through the purchasing of locally produced handicrafts.
- Being a visitor interested in learning about customs that represent the Costa Rican identity and idiosyncrasy, as well as the culture of our ancestors, forming part of the past and the history of our country
- Being a visitor that adapts to the rustic and homely environment typical of the rural areas of the country, looking for comfort instead of luxury.
- Being a visitor who collaborates directly with the economy of the communities, by purchasing locally produced products and services offered by the community, for example by local organizations, cooperatives or family businesses.
COOPRENA SIMBIOSIS TOURS